SYDNEY: 8 September 2017 – The Association of Financial Advisers (AFA) has announced the six finalists in the 2017 Rising Star Award (the Award).
Now in its 12th year, the AFA Rising Star Award shines a light on those newer advisers who are paving the way for the next wave of advice professionals.
The AFA Rising Star Award recognises advisers with four years or less experience who provide quality advice, excellence in client engagement and are active contributors to the profession and/or wider community.
AFA CEO Phil Kewin said: “The AFA Rising Star Award plays a critical role in unearthing exciting new talent in our profession. These new stars not only act as role models for their peers but also represent the future leaders advocating the value of advice. We are delighted once again to partner with ANZ Wealth to nurture and grow the advice community.”
He added: “I am really excited about this years group of amazing award nominees and congratulate all of those who participated and their efforts during the preliminary judging process. This made it very tough for the judges to narrow it down to a small group of finalists, all of whom are fantastic ambassadors.”
The 2017 Rising Star Award finalists are:
- Andrew Debono – Financial Adviser, Announcer Group
- Karlee Hoog-Antink – Financial Adviser, Elders Financial Planning Mackay
- Keats Brydon – Financial Adviser, Finn Financial Planning
- Lauren Walker – Private Client Adviser, EUROZ Securities Limited
- Mia Taylor – Financial Adviser, Evalesco Financial Services
- Sam Jewell – Financial Adviser, Rising Tide Financial Services
This year’s judging panel included:
- Phil Kewin – AFA CEO
- Jenny Brown – Founder and CEO of JBS Financial Strategists
- Don Sillar – Head of Sales, ANZ Wealth
- Laura Halbert – Head of Marketing – Australia Wealth, ANZ
- Chris Browne – Founder & MD Rising Tide and 2007 Rising Star Winner
- Ben Nash – Financial Adviser and Founder Pivot Wealth
The Award winner will be announced at the AFA National Conference at Royal Pines Resort on the Gold Coast on Wednesday 11th October 2017.
About the AFA
The Association of Financial Advisers Limited (AFA) has been the authentic voice on the value of financial advice for 70 years. Today, the AFA is a vibrant, innovative association, where the underlying driver of policy is the belief that great advice transforms lives. To this end the AFA is striving to achieve the vision of Great Advice for More Australians. The AFA’s ongoing relevance as a professional association is derived from our success in engaging with the major stakeholders in financial advice including advisers, consumers, licensees, product and service providers, and the regulator and government. Culturally we believe in the value of collaboration to create powerful outcomes and this drives how we achieve influence and work towards our vision.